Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beautiful Blooms

Throughout my weeks at the Gardens, I have been compiling a list of some of my favorite plants.  My goal was originally to present a top ten list of my favorites, but there are far too many to narrow it down to such a small number.  So, I have chosen to create a Top 20 list of my favorite CBG plants.  I have included a variety of plants from annuals and perennials to shrubs and trees.  Not all of the photos are the best quality, but you get the idea.  Enjoy!

Top 20 Favorite Plant Countdown:

20.  Hyacinth Bean, Terrace



19.  Dawn Redwood, Japanese Garden


18.  Lobelia, C.K. Patrick Perennial Walk


17.  Lantana, Butterfly Garden


16.  Concord Grapes, Potager Garden



15.  Apple-Scented Geranium, Restorative Garden


14.  Kenilworth Ivy, Courtyard Garden


13.  Aeonium, Madagascar Biome


12.  St. John's Wart, C.K. Patrick Perennial Walk


11.  Shrimp Plant, Gateway



10.  Ever-bearing Strawberry, Kitchen Garden


9.  Wee Willie Boxwood, Courtyard Garden


8.  Dwarf Hinoki Falsecypress, Small Conifer Garden


7.  Fishnet Stocking Coleus, Gateway


6.  Blue Hydrangea, Shade Garden



5.  Candy Lily, Sunken Garden



4.  Hibiscus, Terrace



3.  Christmas Basil, Restorative Garden


2.  Plumeria, Costa Rica Biome


1.  Gardenia, Restorative Garden

 
 
A Few Honorable Mentions:
 
3. Guacamole Hosta & Tortilla Chip Hosta, Restorative Garden
  
 
They've got awesome names!



2.  Ornamental Millet 'Jade Princess', Sun Patio
These smell like maple syrup!
 
 
1.  Buckeye, Woodland Garden
 
 
After all, it is the Ohio State tree and the mascot for Ohio State so it felt it only necessary.  It was already two years ago that we played Ohio State at home on Halloween in football.  Tailgating was a great time, unfortunately the Gophers embarrassed me and let the Buckeyes feel a sweet victory of
52-10.
 
I hope you have enjoyed my compilation of favorites!  It was tough to narrow it down, and I am sure there are many more that could also make this list, too. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is indeed a very pretty awesome blog. I really appreciate the photos. cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these are my favorites as well. If you ever decide to switch careers, you might want to consider photography. These are beautiful.

    Hope you had a safe trip home. Come back and visit us some day.

    Regards,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete