Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back to the Books

Well, as you can all tell it was a busy week hence the lack of new posts.  Judging from the chaos already ensuing, it may be stressful but I am looking forward to the many exciting things both new and old happening in my life this summer.  It's great to be back on campus and seeing so many familiar faces around, but I must say I still miss my days at CBG, Presti's Bakery in Little Italy, and all of the summer nights spent on the shores of Lake Erie.  Those are all memories now as I move into this next exciting chapter of my life.  Our University of Minnesota campus is looking as beautiful as ever, too!


On Tuesday, I celebrated a milestone - my last first day of class.  It was bittersweet but exciting for sure!  My course load for the semester is rather varied but interesting.  I can already see myself spending a lot of time typing away at my desk with lots of writing intensive work.  With a cup of PG Tips tea next to my computer though, I am prepared for any writing challenge to come my way.  I will also be getting my hands in the dirt during my Plant Production course.  I imagine I will be spending some time in the greenhouses throughout the semester, too. 

I am looking forward to my two new work positions as well.  I already started work as the Communications Assistant for College of Design Student Services.  It's been a couple of days, but I already know I am going to love my year and working closer with a few of the staff.  I am so fortunate to be working with such great people who are truly interested in helping me find my strong qualities and allowing me to use them creatively.  I have yet to begin my position as the Floral Design Teacher's Assistant but I was able to meet with the instructor, and I am really anxious to get started.  He is interested in making sure I get the most of my experience, and is willing to let me offer suggestions, demonstrate arrangements, and even teach a few lectures!  I may be a bit nervous for that last part, but I feel like it will be good for me to break out of my comfort zone. 



Before the week began, I was taking in the very last of my summer excitement.  I spent a few days enjoying the Great Minnesota Get Together.  I especially enjoyed my afternoon at the Minnesota Wine Country building.  I enjoyed trying some of the MN grape variety wines from the various wineries across the state.  Minnesota's wine country is quickly expanding and I am looking forward to checking some out in the near future.  I must say my favorite was definitely the Raspberry Wine Slushie!  Oh and how could I forget to mention I also got my photo taken with the infamous McNaughton Cup.  I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for the upcoming Gopher Hockey season. 

 
 
Tomorrow will be my first day as the TA for Floral Design, so I am excited to start sharing those adventures with everyone.  Hopefully I won't get too far behind in blogging with everything else happening in the next few weeks.  Until then,  enjoy this beautiful fall weather!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment