Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Finally Fall

I am happy to say I've been able to relax a bit since last week's post.  Not to mention, it's finally fall and my favorite time of the year!  But, before we get to that excitement, let's go back a few days and recap Floral Design.  This week, students created a circular design somewhat similar to the 'recipe' design of an FTD Blooming Bounty Bouquet.  There was a little excitement with one student adding and a realization that we didn't have enough materials anymore.  However, once again we learned to adapt!  They did a great job working the available flowers and they all created different, unique designs. 

 
 

 
 
 
We used a different color scheme from last year, too.  My favorite is the above photo because this student used all green and purple elements and left out the peach carnations.  Obviously, these are my favorite colors so there is no question why I like this best!  All of these photos show the creativity of the class, each design is unique with its own elements of interest.  One thing we wanted them to really focus on was covering up their mechanics.  Mechanics are the materials used to hold the design in place like floral foam and waterproof tape. 
 

 
 
I enjoy adding in photos from my own designs last year, too.  It is fun to compare the two designs and see what sort of things have changed.  Personally, I like the color scheme of this year's design better!  Perhaps because I am the one in charge of picking out the materials.  I took my first solo trip to Koehler and Dramm for this design, too.  It was a bit stressful at first because there is just so much commotion, but I handled it just fine.  Plus, if I ever have a question I know there are a lot of friendly folks willing to assist. 
 
 
 
 Sometimes it's tough for me to just go and pick up what I need.  I always want to check out everything and see what's new.  Then again, I can't stick around too long because my fingers start to go numb pretty quick roaming around the chilly coolers!  I do love it though, I can see myself twenty years from now traipsing around finding exactly what I need for my clients and their floral needs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment